Tuai ewu' aku' means 'Come follow me' in the language of the indigenous Penan peoples of Sarawak, Borneo. This blog is an invitation to you to follow me on my big adventure to learn about this tribe and experience the natural beauty of Borneo. Tuai ewu' aku' ! x

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sounds of the Jungle

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all well and gearing up for a lovely Christmas.  As of tomorrow, I'll be back in Long Kerong, Long Spigen for a Penan Christmas.  Should be different!

Well, while I was in the jungle, I recorded some of the sounds which you can hear at dusk and in the early morning.  Some of them are quite amazing and unexpected.  Mostly they are caused by insects, like crickets, which fly from tree to tree.  There are also bird sounds.  They can be both amazing and scary - something you might hear in a horror movie.

When you listen, turn the lights off and the volume up and imagine that you are in the jungle.

Jungle sounds at dusk (Sirens) by roxangella


I think this next one is from the early morning;

Jungle evening4 by roxangella


There are more on my SoundCloud page, if you are interested.....or you could just join me here in Borneo to hear them for yourself! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Love,  Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment